Step In Our Shoes

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Parenting Class



Blake and I have been going to a "Parenting Class" for the last couple of weeks. I think it is very informative, and both Blake and I are learning lots. It's making us realize how close the whole "labor and delivery" process really is! 8 weeks 6 days left until my due date. I honestly can't believe it!


One part of the class was to have the husbands where the empathy belly. It was supposed to make the men realize what it was like to carry 26 lbs. around ALL THE TIME. Of course, Blake said it "wasn't that bad". But then again, he didn't get to see what it was like to sit/stand up, bend over and pick something up, sleep, and have something constantly on your bladder. I think if he would have felt all that, he might feel a little (just a little) sorry for me:)



Last week, we also went to a doctor's appointment. We got to have our 4D ultrasound. This was one of the most fascinating experiences Iv'e ever had. We got to see what our baby actually looks like inside my big ole belly. We think she's beautiful! OK, well her nose looks a little big, but the ultrasound tech told us that all babies noses look big on the 4D. Maybe she was just being sweet, but we are hoping she was telling the truth:) She weighs 3 lbs. 3 oz. and is rapidly growing. She's in the 40th percentile, so she's probably going to be pretty small. (close to 7 lbs. at birth).


No comments:

Post a Comment